We love bruschetta! Easy to make, great crowd pleaser when entertaining and in the summer we pick the tomatoes right from our garden which makes this recipe even more delicious!
- Red or Green Onion
- Feta (Omit to make vegan)
- Dressing ( Balsamic or Greek) OR Balsamic vinegar and Olive oil
- Garlic ( Fresh is best but you can also use garlic powder)
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
Let's Get Cooking!
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces (if they're too big its hard to scoop)
- Add onion and garlic (finely chopped)
- Cut a small piece of feta from the block, use a fork to crumble into small pieces and add to mix
- Cut up avocado ( you can add this right in or put on the side to be added on top)
- Add a small amount of dressing ( the tomatoes are very watery so be careful not to add too much!)
- Sprinkle fresh basil, dry basil or Italian seasoning on top
Serve on garlic naan, home made bread or a flatbread.
If you aren't eating this right away, put in the fridge until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, use a spoon with holes and transfer the bruschetta into a new bowl so you don't have a lot of water at the bottom of your mix which will make your bread soggy.